about 1 year ago
Generally, a student must be in school on the day of an activity in order to participate in that activity. Exceptions for unusual circumstances may be made by the principal.
Senior High: If participants have not earned credits in four academic subjects the previous semester, they will be ineligible to participate for four weeks. During the semester, passing grades must be maintained on a weekly basis in at least four academic subjects or they will be ineligible the following week.
Middle School: Participants must be passing all subjects, on a weekly basis, in order to participate in school activities that involve other schools regardless of the team/group that the student is a member (i.e.; 7th, 8th, or high school team/group).
CONDENSED ELIGIBILITY RULES – YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF:
- If you have been in classes as many days as you have missed from the opening of the semester.
- If you entered school earlier than 10 days after the opening of the semester.
- If you have competed in a sport for less than eight semesters as a high school student.
- If you have not competed in a similar athletic contest on an out-of-school team during the same sports season, even while under suspension.
- If you have not enrolled in an institution of higher rank except as an accelerated student carrying advanced work in addition to two high school subjects.
- If you earned credits in four subjects the preceding semester.
- If you maintain a passing average in four subjects during the present semester.
- If you have not graduated from a 4 year high school or equivalent.
- If you have not accepted awards other than those having symbolic value and costing more than seventy-five dollars.
- If you are not twenty years of age or over.
- If you are an amateur in the sport in which you are competing or if you have not competed under an assumed name.
- If you have not transferred from another school without corresponding change of residence by your parents.
- If you are in your ninth semester of attendance and have not reached your eighteenth birthday.
- If you are in your eighth semester and your seventh and eighth semesters are consecutive.
- If you have a current file of a doctor’s or nurse practitioner’s certificate of physical fitness.
- If you have not used or have in your possession tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs.